Reports to: Quality Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Do you take it as a compliment when people call you things like persnickety, nit-picky and finicky? First of all, who are these people? Old-timey prospector types? Antiquated cartoon characters? With their dad-gummed arcane vernaculars… Secondly, you should take it as a compliment and put your discriminating eye for detail to work. We’re looking for the ficklest of sticklers, the most fastidious of fussbudgets, someone for whom QUALITY is not a goal but a way of life. We’re seeking QUALITY people for QUALITY assurance of QUALITY…
Reports to: Quality Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Do you take it as a compliment when people call you things like persnickety, nit-picky and finicky? First of all, who are these people? Old-timey prospector types? Antiquated cartoon characters? With their dad-gummed arcane vernaculars… Secondly, you should take it as a compliment and put your discriminating eye for detail to work. We’re looking for the ficklest of sticklers, the most fastidious of fussbudgets, someone for whom QUALITY is not a goal but a way of life. We’re seeking QUALITY people for QUALITY assurance of QUALITY products and services. If QUALITY ENGINEERING speaks to your soul, we want you. Apply today. Let’s find out if you’re QUALIFIED.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Work closely with the Quality Manager to oversee the AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) at our new advanced materials / composites manufacturing facilities; assist with site’s QMS management review processes.
- Continually strive to drive continuous improvement to meet or exceed quality, health, safety and environmental (HSE) goals and ensure consistent compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Support HSE programs and initiatives to maximize the safety of employees and the community by ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and requirements, ensuing goals are met and an injury-free workplace is maintained; participate in visible safety leadership activities.
- Perform quality-related troubleshooting and provide day-to-day engineering support.
- Track and document non-conformances involving incoming materials, internal departments and customers.
- Evaluate quality concerns and take corrective actions, including customer notifications, rework and waste management.
- Manage quality-related documentation, including specifications, inspection documents, testing requirements, and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) configuration and methodology.
- Assess quality performance using statistical process control (SPC) and Cpk process capability analyses of critical raw materials and production parameters.
- Interface with customers through various means of communications and occasional visits to show preventive systems in place for customers’ products.
- Conduct internal quality audits to ensure compliance with standards and propel continuous improvement initiatives; assist quality team in preparation for and performance of internal and external audits.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate and implement corrective and preventative action (CAPA) activities to assure on-time, on-quantity delivery.
- Help educate employees on quality assurance principles and methodologies.
- Work to assure operators are adequately trained to achieve quality standards in accordance with customer requests; communicate defects and corrective actions involving operators.
- Assist with root cause analysis and ensure clear communications to operators.
- Help direct and oversee the Quality Area Improvement Team through continuous improvement activities, utilizing Lean processes and various engagement tools such as kaizen, workout, 6S, problem-solving methodology; work cross-functionally to implement continuous improvement processes.
- Collaborate with Production Engineers to respond to customer requests, quality escapes and other systemic issues.
- Adhere to and promote the Aerovac RTC (Respect, Teamwork, Communication) culture as well as shared learning, intelligent risk-taking, creative problem solving and accountability for failures and successes.
Qualifications of the Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant technical field, required.
- 3+ years’ professional experience in quality and process engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (aerospace, aviation, advanced materials / composites) highly preferable.
- Deep understanding of quality systems and AS9100 / ISO 9001 requirements.
- Solid experience with root cause analysis and statistical evaluation.
- Working knowledge of SAP software systems and tools, a plus.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing / continuous improvement principles and methodologies, including kaizen leadership and change management.
- Familiarity with HSE regulations and best practices.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, value chain and key operational metrics.
- Capacity to develop processes to effectively engage cross-functional teams and solve quality problems.
- Soft skills (hard requirements): hands-on, self-motivated, influence, attention to detail, communication, problem-solving, analytical thinking.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication capabilities.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
AEROVAC COMPOSITES ONE, a world leader in advanced materials manufacturing is setting up shop in Salt Lake City and needs world-class individuals to make it happen. You’ll get the excitement of a start-up environment, the ability to make an immediate impact and unlimited room for growth; while enjoying the security of working for the largest composites distributor in North America. We are dedicated to the safety and success of our employees. Our culture is based upon RESPECT, TEAMWORK and COMMUNICATION. We care for our people passionately, as we trust them to care for our customers completely.
We focus on manufacturing & engineering. We specialize in success.
OUR MISSION: We BELIEVE that everyone should have the opportunity to work for a company that supports and encourages them to perform at their best! We BELIEVE that our partner companies share the responsibility to build and develop DIVERSE teams that will result in technological advances within engineering and manufacturing industries. We TRUST that when the right hire is made, the results will have a positive impact on the quality of life for everyone involved! We CARE about making a real difference and exceeding expectations. We RECOGNIZE how crucial it is to make a great placement for a mutually-beneficial, long-term outcome. We are PROUD to be your strategic recruiting partner, united in this MISSION.
For Candidates and Companies
Our goal is to develop meaningful alliances with both candidates and companies that continue well beyond a single placement. We don’t consider them clients, but partners and we do more than anyone in the business to set them up for success. Click on a category below for a boatload of helpful resources for individuals and organizations. We have everything you need to find a job or fill a job, fast.
Can’t find the resource you're looking for? Let us know how we can help.
Can’t find the job you're looking for? Upload your resume and tell us what you want (what you really, really want).
Sign up for our newsletter to receive a fresh job list every other week.