Quality Assurance Technician
Reports to: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Compensation: $25 - $30/Hour
We recruiters are all out hunting “unicorns” these days. We’re forever seeking folks with unique and often disparate skillsets. In Chinese mythology, the Qilin was a brightly colored beast with a single horn, the body of a deer, the tail of an ox, and the hooves of a horse (way cooler than a basic unicorn). We're looking for a hybrid QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN. Help us find our Qilin…
Requirements & Responsibilities of the QA Tech:
- Responsible for reviewing items received from vendors for compliance with specifications, and quality assurance technical support of operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Inspect purchased and internally manufactured products for specified requirements, critical dimensions, completeness, transit damage, and customer compliance.
- Perform First Article Inspection of purchased product.
- Evaluate returned material for compliance with specifications
- Enter Non-Conformance Reports (NCR’s) into SAP, making certain that information is accurately conveyed to all departments. Work with engineers to determine disposition. Lead corrective actions for problems when required.
- Use a variety of gauges and QA tools to perform product inspections, including calipers, micrometers, tape measures, durometer testers, Brinell hardness testers, and many more. [Training for these will be provided.]
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience as an inspector and/or working knowledge of machining, welding, strongly preferred. ASQ or CIQ certifications are a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze complex engineering drawings and related technical documentation.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds and frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision as well as the ability to adjust focus.
Looking for some stability in your new employer? We’ve been in business for 150 years and are still thriving and expanding. Our sustainability has always been based on our ability to locate, retain and develop extraordinary individuals. Join one of the most well-respected, fastest-growing engineering firms in the world. We deliver creative and reliable products and services to the mining and fuel industries and beyond. We welcome diversity and divergent thinking, encourage collaboration and innovation and are committed to cultivating careers.
We focus on manufacturing & engineering. We specialize in success.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to work for a company that supports and encourages them to perform at their best. We believe that our partners and clients share the responsibility of building and developing diverse, inclusive teams. We know that this will result in technological advances and innovation in the engineering and manufacturing industries. We trust that when the right hire is made, the results will have a positive, lasting impact on the lives of all those involved. We care about making a real difference and are committed to exceeding expectations. We recognize how crucial it is to make placements that will lead to mutually beneficial, long-term outcomes. We are proud to be your strategic talent acquisition partner, united in this mission.
For Candidates and Companies
Our goal is to develop meaningful alliances with both candidates and companies that continue well beyond a single placement. We don’t consider them clients, but partners and we do more than anyone in the business to set them up for success. Click on a category below for a boatload of helpful resources for individuals and organizations. We have everything you need to find a job or fill a job, fast.
Can’t find the resource you're looking for? Let us know how we can help.
Can’t find the job you're looking for? Upload your resume and tell us what you want (what you really, really want).
Sign up for our newsletter to receive a fresh job list every other week.